You may have landed here via Google search results, by word of mouth, or AEM support has sent you this way – regardless, welcome!
I’ve been offering AEM EMS Series 1 & 2 repair services since 2015. AEM has stopped providing warranty services for the Series-1 EMS for some time now. They’ve recently stopped supporting Series-2 and more recently the Infinity series 3/5/7 – big bummer until now!
All Series 1+2 EMS repair jobs will go through a complete visual inspection, full bench testing procedure, on top of the issue(s) an EMS is being sent in for. See the list below for what entails an EMS repair job. Upon completion, a diagnosis report will be emailed and then shipped back to you.
**New Service Coming Soon** Series-1 to Series-2 upgrade (Honda/Acura only).
Note: Repair services for EMS Series-4 are not available at this time.
AEM EMS Series-1/2 Repair Fee: $250 per EMS.
This fee applies to passing or not passing bench testing but includes any/all repairs mentioned in the list below. Includes return shipping fees for U.S. domestic customers. International shipping fees are not included and will need to be calculated.
EMS v1 / v2
- Damaged injector drivers
- Damaged coil drivers
- Damaged 5v sensor circuit and sensor ground
- Damaged high sided drivers
- Damaged low sided drivers
- Damaged idle circuits
- Damaged analog circuits
- Damaged PW circuits
- Damaged cam circuit
- Damaged crank circuit
- Damaged VSS circuit
- Damaged capacitors
- Damaged relay circuit
- Voltage regulator circuit
- Verify stat sync
- Damaged visible traces
- Wipe firmware locked boxes
- Slight water damage (no hard corrosion)
- Set to factory specs
- Set to COP specs (by request)
- Update EMS to latest mods and revisions
- Backing up and restoring customer tune/calibration (must be requested)
- Complete adapter board replacement
- Complete main board replacement
- Damaged connectors
- Excessive water damage (hard corrosion)
AEM EMS & Infinity Repair Disclaimer
- Turnaround time ranges between 7-10 days, starting the day it is received and payment is received.
- Return shipping time is approx. 3-4 days (usually sent back via USPS Priority)
- All repairs will be covered under a 14-day warranty based off the returned postage date. This includes weekends, holidays, etc.
- EXPEDITED REPAIR SERVICES IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
- Although we will attempt to make a back up of your calibration during bench testing, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you make a back up of your tune/calibration before sending in your EMS!
- I cannot guarantee your EMS will be repaired upon failing bench testing and/or has some kind of unique issue outside of what repair services are listed above. Though, most common EMS issues are repairable through bench testing and/or an EPROM reflash or complete EPROM replacement
- You will be notified if your EMS or Infinity does not pass any of the said tests before it’s sent back
- We cannot upgrade a EMS Series-1 to a Series-2 (yet)
Please use the contact page to inquire for any AEM ECU services offered here or have any general questions.