Infinity Series 3/5/7 “UNBRICKING”, Bench Testing, and hardware repair services.
AEM has now discontinued repair services for their Infinity 3/5/7 model line. We offer three services for the Infinity ECU: Comms reflash (unbricking), hardware validation (bench testing), and new updated hardware repair services.
Comms reflashing aka “unbricking” is a software procedure we perform that brings an Infinity back to life. “Bricking” is when the Infinity ECU becomes unresponsive/dead after the following occurs:
- Loss of COMS when uploading/downloading/updating unit
- Power cycling vehicle too soon during a software upload/download/update
- Power cycling (vehicle on/off) surges
Hardware validation (bench testing) is the process of checking all vitals of the unit and finding out if something is failing internally. This does not include any internal repair work at all, strictly testing only.
*New services as of mid January 2023*
We have now expanded Infinity hardware repair services to a handful more of more specific components an additional incremental costs. See the service repair list below.
AEM Infinity Series 3/5/7 “Unbricking” and/or Bench Testing Fee: $250 per Infinity ECU.
(This is a non-returnable base fee regardless if the unit test passes with or without issues)
Hardware repair incremental services (see list below): Additional $150 per repair issue.
Includes return shipping fees for U.S. domestic customers. International shipping fees are not included and will need to be calculated.
AEM Infinity Series 3/5/7
$250 non-returnable rate includes the following:
- Software bench test
Additional HARDWARE REPAIR rates:
- USB port replacement for Comms or logging port – $150
- Bosch UEGO chip replacement – $150
- Main connector replacement – $150
- Resistors, coil drivers, injector drivers, switched circuits, low sides, main relay, digitals, cam/crank inputs – $150
- Series 3/5 PC Board replacement if found damaged or faulty – $520
- Series 7 PC Board replacement if found damaged or faulty – $750
** PLEASE NOTE: The Infinity’s compact design has components on both sides of its internal board, with one side being completely inaccessible. A bit of destruction is required to access this side in rare cases. If there is a small chance that damage initially tied to the resistors, injector, or coil drivers could be linked to a component on this inaccessible side, this will/can incur an additional $150 fee. We will let you know before proceeding if your Infinity falls into this situation.
AEM EMS & Infinity Repair Disclaimer
- For tech support questions please contact AEM Tech Support. We only offer hardware repair services here and not troubleshooting support.
- Turnaround time typically ranges between 7-10 business days (this excludes weekends) but can take longer if an unforeseen situation arises.
- Turnaround time starts on the day your AEM ECU arrives in our hands and if payment is received too.
- EXPEDITED REPAIR SERVICES IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
- If you have an upcoming race and need your ECU repaired in a shorter window of time than we offer – I’M SORRY, BUT WE CANNOT EXPEDITE YOUR REPAIR SERVICE.
- ECU’s are repaired in the order they are received. Please plan a minimum of a 2-2.5 week window for repair work to be on the safe side for your race plans.
- PLEASE SEND PAYMENT WHEN YOU SEND YOUR ECU IN TO PREVENT DELAYS.
- Return shipping transit time is approx. 3-4 days (usually sent back via USPS Priority). If you need faster return shipping let me know and I will give you a shipping quote for an express shipping rate.
- If you are on an outlying US island such as the Virgin Islands and need a specific return shipping carrier other than USPS (such as Fedex/DHL/or UPS) PLEASE LET ME KNOW RIGHT AWAY SO I CAN CALCULATE A SHIPPING RATE.
- All repairs will be covered under a 14-day warranty based off the return postage date. This includes weekends, holidays, etc.
- BACK UP YOUR TUNE. Although we will attempt to make a back up of your calibration during bench testing and reload it, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you make a back up of your tune/calibration BEFORE sending in your EMS. YOUR TUNE/CALIBRATION IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY.
- I cannot guarantee your INFINITY or EMS will be repaired upon failing bench testing and/or has some kind of unique issue outside of what repair services we offer above. Though, most common EMS issues are repairable through bench testing and/or an EPROM reflash or complete EPROM replacement
- You will be notified if your EMS/Infinity does not pass bench testing and/or requires additional repair work that will incur additional fees.
- We cannot upgrade a EMS Series-1 to a Series-2 (yet)
Please use the contact page to inquire for any AEM ECU services offered here or have any general questions.