I’ve been offering AEM EMS Series 1 + 2 repair services since 2015. AEM has stopped providing warranty services for the Series-1 EMS for a good while now and that was a big bummer for series 1 owners – until now!
All Series 1 + 2 EMS repair jobs will go through a complete visual inspection and full bench test procedure. The list below is what will be tested on the bench. Upon completion, a detailed summary report sheet will be provided and emailed to you.
Repair Fee: $200 flat rate per EMS – whether it passes bench testing or not. Fee includes return shipping costs (within the continental US).
- Damaged Injectors Drivers
- Damaged Coil Drivers
- Damaged 5V sensor circuit and sensor ground
- Damaged High sided Drivers
- Damaged Low sided Drivers
- Damaged IDLE circuits
- Damaged Analog circuit
- Damaged PW circuits
- Damaged cam circuit
- Damaged crank circuit
- Damaged VSS circuit
- Damaged Relay circuit
- Voltage regulator circuit
- Verify stat sync
- Damaged visible traces
- Wipe firmware locked boxes
- Slight water damage (no hard corrosion)
- Set to factory specs
- Set to COP specs (by request)
- Update EMS to latest mods and revisions
- Backing up and restoring calibrations (must be requested)
- Complete adapter board replacement
- Complete main board replacement
- Damaged connectors
- Excessive Water damage (hard corrosion)
- All repairs will be covered under a 14-day warranty based off the returned postage date. This includes weekends, holidays, etc.
- Repair window time ranges between 7-10 days, starting the day it is received.
- Return shipping window time is 3-4 days (usually sent back via USPS Priority)
- Although we will attempt to make a back up of your calibration during bench testing, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you make a back up of your tune/calibration before sending in your EMS!
- I cannot guarantee your EMS will be repaired upon failing bench testing and/or has some kind of unique issue outside of what repair services are listed above. Though, most common EMS issues are repairable through bench testing and/or an EPROM reflash or complete EPROM replacement
- You will be notified if your EMS does not pass any of the said tests before it’s sent back
- We cannot upgrade a Series-1 EMS to a Series-2
Please use the contact page for this service or if you have any questions.