OBD-2 / Immobilizer Bypass
The Immobilizer [IMMO for short] is an electronic chip that Honda added to all U.S. 2000-01 Integra & 97-01 Prelude ECU’s, and other OBD2 Honda’s. The IMM can be problematic when trying to use this type of ecu in another vehicle besides the vehicle the ecu originally came equipped in.
- Using an 00-01 (OBD2b) Integra Type-R P73 ECU in a 99-00 civic with an 00-01 Integra Type-R engine swap; or simply using an OBD2b P73 in any other chassis for that matter.
- Using a 97-01 Prelude P5M/P5P ECU in a 96-98 civic with 96-01 H22 engine swap; or simply using the P5M/P5P ECU any other chassis for that matter.
I offer two options for IMMO removal:
This is the old way and seriously ghetto!
- Factory IMMO is completely removed allowing the vehicle to run
- Vehicle will have a constant check engine light (CEL) for the IMMO
- Only offered for 00-01 Acura Integra ecu’s
- Will NOT work for 97-01 Prelude ecu’s
Option 1 Fee: $50 – includes IMM removal return shipping fees.
This is a really awesome solution especially for P5M /P5p Prelude ECU owners!
- Factory IMMO is completely removed and replaced with an aftermarket IMMO chip allowing the vehicle to properly run
- Vehicle will NOT have a constant CEL for the IMMO code
- Available for all 00-01 Acura Integra and 97-01 Prelude ECU’s!
- Does NOT affect emissions in any way shape or form!
- Does NOT throw any red flags when an OBD2 scanner tool is connected – such as during a smog check.
Option 2 Fee: $85 – includes chip, installation, and return shipping fees.
Please read the IMM FAQ for common questions regarding IMMO removal and check engine light symptoms after IMMO removal regarding Option 1.
Note: 99-00 Civic owners will need to swap pin A15 over to A16 when using an 00-01 Integra ecu in their vehicle or your civic will not start!